Commute Cost Calculator
Did you know the average Brit spends approximatly £12,000 per
year on their car?1 Did you know this is the equivalent
£90,000 mortgage?! Transportation is the largest expense
for British households.2
The Commute Cost Calculator helps you understand the cost in
pounds and time of your commute.
Here are our assumptions:
- Cost per mile: We assume an average cost per mile of
- This cost is based on an average of 12,000 miles
driven per year.
- Cost per mile includes fuel, maintenance, tyres, insurance,
license and taxes, depreciation, and financing.
- Our cost per mile is based on data from AA.
- Workdays per month: We assume there are 21.67 workdays
in an average month.
- 260 weekdays in a year / 12 months = 21.67.
- We assume a trip to and from work each day.